WHAT ARE TIMBERWOLVES FOUNDATION GRANTS?
The Timberwolves Foundation exists to support Mission Vista High School’s academic, athletic, extracurricular and site support needs. The grant program is one way the Foundation provides that support. Click here to see a list of grants processed over the years.
Any faculty member, department, club or sports team at Mission Vista High School are eligible to apply for a grant. Grant requests submitted by parents/students or community members not listed above may be considered on a case to case basis.
Foundation grants are meant to supplement and enhance the educational experience of the students of Mission Vista High school. Grants are determined and awarded per individual circumstances.
Some determining factors of a grant’s approval are as follows:
- The amount of grant requests received and the determined budget in said cycle
- The grant amount requested is reasonably weighted to the amount of students that will be impacted
- The grant request is in compliance with Vista Unified School District and Mission Vista High School guidelines.
Examples of a fundable grant request: equipment, supplies, start-up uniforms, materials.
Example of a non-fundable grant request: Tournament or Registration Fees
GRANT CYCLE SCHEDULE
Complete a grant application in its entirety. Attach an estimate, proposal or supporting document outlining the cost of your request. Once the Foundation receives the application, it is evaluated by the Foundation’s Grant Review Committee who will then make a recommendation to the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors will vote on all recommended requests at their next regularly scheduled monthly board meeting. When a grant is awarded, a grant approval letter and general terms and conditions will be emailed to the grant recipient “requestor’s”. Grants not awarded will be notified via email.
Completed grant applications can be submitted online or to the Timberwolves Foundation mailbox – ATTN: Grant Administrator, located in the MVHS office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out Grants Request Form or Download the Grant Request Application (Paper Form)* Should only be used when second signature is required (see below).
- Parent and Student requests require a second signature from an authorized second signer
- Team liaison requests require a second signature from the coach or athletic director
- Site improvement requests require an administrator signature